Saturday, September 30, 2006

I had the privilege to see one of the best AFL grand finals ever today, as my team Sydney got beaten by the West Coast by one point.

I went down to Clarendon St, South Melbourne, former home of the Sydney team afterwards. There were plenty of pubs decked in red and white overflowing with Bloods fans. In the dark I made my way to the Albert Park where the South Melbourne Bloods used to play. The old grandstand is still standing there and is I believe used for soccer matches as part of Bob Jane stadium. Someone had adorned a white sheet with a Sydney Swans logo and the word Premiers, and the tatters of it now flutter in the wind above the old stadium.

Then proceeded to the Cricketers' Arms where many Swans fans had gathered to watch a replay of the game, and paid $5.50 for a vodka and orange juice. The vodka was either exceedingly smooth or non existent, for even a lightweight like me failed to feel any impact from it.

Not so dissapointing was the fish and chips at Clarendon Fish and Chippers. The batter was very light and tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home